Although the pond is probably too small, it is a good visual motivation as I walk past it to get to work every day. The Jet intake was sanded up to 1000grit and polished with a metal polish and a buffing wheel. I attatched an electric drill to the shaft of the jet drive and tried it out in the bath tub. I've redesigned the stator, impeller and nozzel to see if I can reduced the swirl without needing a honeycomb. One of the reasons for taking so long was that I decided to make two extra pumps for some friends of mine. I tested out the engine, pump and hull in the water without radio gear to make sure everything was ok.
The 55 went a bit faster than the 50mm but alot faster than the 45mm pitch so I'm guessing that a 53mm would be optimal.
I tried reducing the nozzle diameter to make the boat go faster but it just made it very hard to steer the boat. New model-all welded   Welded construction of all these boats gives them very high strength of the hull. We packed up the truck with everything that we needed and headed to Vancouver Island on October 10th. During two of the "rainy day projects" I drove to Campbell River (about 100 miles north) to get the lead for the ballast. When the weather permitted there was plenty to do with the hull plates to get them ready for "pulling" into half hulls.
Next step in this process is to pull the two half hulls together and weld them down the center line. After installing some temporary bracing inside the boat, the front cabin sides are tack welded to the deck.
Next the pilothouse area was trimmed out in preparation for the pilothouse sides and the transom was trimmed to proper height. The cabin sides are then completed back to the pilothouse and the top edge is reinforced and cut to a slight arc to follow the shear line. Evan wanted to get as much of the interior welding done as possible before the cabin and pilothouse tops were installed.


The cabin top is a large (6 feet by 11 feet) heavy (over 350 pounds) piece of 10 gauge plate steel and has to be winched up on top of the boat with a come-along. Now the three front window panels of the pilothouse are tacked in place and trimmed to a curve for the pilothouse top. Evan is working on the boat, weather permitting, while I am working & visiting family in Utah for the month of December. After a very nice December spent in Utah with my wife & friends & family I returned to the boat construction on January 2nd. The first item we started on was completing the stainless steel pipe rail around the top edge of the transom as this is a two person job. My next order of business was to take the ferry accross and meet Kate in Vancouver then drive to Seattle to pick up our engine from Klassen Marine Engines. With some dry weather Evan cut out the forehatch opening and finished welding the frames in place.
With the return of some drier days, the stainless steel pipe trim around the edge of the pilothouse was tacked down and finish welded. Evan wanted to concentrate on the thru-hulls in the transom to get them done before the boat is lifted up to place the keels and skeg on the hull. Here is an inspirational shot of the boat looking from the top of the pilothouse toward the front. Turning attention to other little details that need to be on the boat the "shephards hook" is made and installed on the top of the cabin trunk for a way to route electrical wiring from the mast to inside the boat. While Evan assembled the hinge pins in a custom jig, I had a go at cleaning out and preping the fuel tank that I am recycling into the boat. It had been a beautiful sunny day so far but nothing brings on rain here in the northwest like working outside. Carl had to fabricate over 500 tabs with holes in them to weld to the hull to attach the wood to before foam is applied. Acorn Nuts: we welded in 114 acorn nuts [316 stainless] all over the deck and pilot house. I am only sorry to say that we cana€™t participate in the festivities this year since wea€™re priming plywood, figuring the conduit before shea€™s foamed [hopefully at the end of next week], & a sundry of other QUIET things.
So wea€™ll prime the plywood: using shellac, wea€™ll coat both sides a€“ then we only have to do the end pieces once Tony measures & sets them on the floor of the pilot house & cabin sole.


Wea€™ll also place our conduit pipe for wiring & figure out where that all goes so that it can be placed pre-foam. Also, we have made all the measurements to place plastic PVC pipe over all the handrails for sand blasting the exterior. I am going to get sandblasting material called, a€?Resista€? to place over our stainless anchor plate on the bow to keep it shiny.
Ron, of R na€™D Sandblasting has said to call him Monday July 2, to see how the weather is for blasting.
We have a launch date: Wea€™ll be at Newcastle Marina for a Travel Lift in on August 3rd by 9 AM [tidesa€™ up].
Next spring we hope to take her back to Canada to have a pro build our mast [I want a Crowsa€™ Nest, too].
The last week in Newcastle Marina we had Tony do the steering station, settee, & galley counter. We painted the primer, black, then red tar, then 2 white mid- coats before the final Marker White on the deck. We have spent the last 3 months working in Utah and "scrounging" around for the items that it will take to finish MOM. More information on this type of boat construction can be found at the "Origamiboats" website on Yahoo groups. The hull has been fiber-glassed and few more trimmings have been added to the hull construction.
For further study, we have books available in the Books, DVD's and Audio section of our store at your left. The bed webs are then fitted and tacked to spread the load over all the longitudinals in the bottom of the hull.




Boat trailers for sale kelowna area
Pontoon boat dealers san antonio texas weather
Voyager pontoon boats for sale australia 2014