Subway surfers new york city free download for pc rar

Lionel ho scale train sets for sale online

Train shops erie pa 32nd,travel by train from ottawa to new york city,vintage trains for sale uk,steel frame prefab homes uk england - New On 2016

Use Flickriver Badge Creator to create a badge linking to your photos, your group or any other Flickriver view.
Flickriver widget for iGoogle or Netvibes can display almost any Flickriver view - most interesting today, by user, by group, by tag etc. While viewing any Flickr photos page, click on this button to open the same view on Flickriver. A Greasemonkey script that adds Flickriver links to various Flickr photo pages - user photos, favorites, pools etc, allowing to quickly open the corresponding Flickriver view.
While viewing any Flickr photos page, click on the bookmarklet to open the same view on Flickriver. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission with support from the "Friends of the Railroad Museum". There is a great deal in the collection, so I have split my photographs of it over two pages.
The E6 class Atlantic type (4-4-2) was developed by the PRR to haul heavier all-steel passenger cars entering service in the 1900s.
The first E6, #5075, was delivered from the Juniata Shops in December 1910, followed soon after by #89 and #1092. The latter two, equipped with superheaters, significantly improved performance (30% increase in power, 23% to 46% drop in water and coal consumption). The E6s weighs 240,000 lbs, 133,000 lbs on its 80" drivers, with a 29' 7" engine wheelbase and 7' 7" driver wheelbase. Consolidations were the most numerous of PRR's motive power, making up roughly half the entire roster.
Although eventually replaced in heavy freight service by larger engines, PRR's Consolidations continued on branch line freight and switching service, and #7688 operated right through to the end of steam on the PRR in October 1957, after which it was retired to the PRR collection. Lima, Alco and PRR's Juniata Shops built more than twelve hundred H10 locomotives, but #7688 is the only known survivor. The H10s (the "s" is for superheated) weighs 249,500 lbs, has a 55 sq ft grate, 175 sq ft firebox and heating surface of 3,016 sq ft (incl. With 62" drivers and 26" x 28" cylinders, it operated at a boiler pressure of 205 psi, delivering 53,197 lbs tractive effort. Three hundred and twenty-five K4 Pacific type (4-6-2) locomotives were built by PRR at their Juniata shops from 1914 to 1928. The K4 was one of the most successful passenger steam locomotives ever built and outnumbered any others of its type in the US. Both #3750 and #1361 were designated "Official Steam Locomotives of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" in 1987. In 1930, twenty-five M1a class locomotives were ordered from Lima, fifty from Baldwin and twenty-five built at Altoona, PA, by PRR (including #6755). Thirty-eight M1a locomotives were subsequently converted to class M1b with higher-pressure boilers (from 250 psi to 275 psi) and firebox circulators.
The M1 was the largest steam locomotive to operate on the PRR system and, although designed for dual service, it was used mainly on fast freight services.
L1s went into storage during the Depression and only returned to service with the arrival of WWII. The first 2-8-4, built by Lima in 1925 for NYC's leased Boston & Albany, inaugurated the "superpower" steam era in the US.
The NKP bought fifteen S class Berkshires (#700-#714) from Alco in 1934, followed in 1942 by twenty-five S-1 class from Lima (#715-#739), thirty S-2 class in 1943 (#740-#769) and ten S-3 class in 1949 (#770-#779). The S class were high-speed freight locomotives, with which the NKP successfully competed against the parallel lines of the much larger NYC system between Buffalo, NY, Chicago, IL, and St. 2011, it was donated to the Age of Steam Roundhouse in Sugarcreek, OH, where it now resides. Both locomotives had the distinctive streamlining, but #4800 was the only unit ever to have a riveted body, giving rise to the nickname "Old Rivets".
After testing, the GG1 went into production: although the R1 reached a higher speed (120 mph vs. The design was classed GG1 by the Pennsy because the wheel arrangement was the same as two Class G (4-6-0) steam locomotives coupled back to back (you can see a G5s, #5741, on the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania Train Shed page of this website). Twelve 385 hp GEA-627-A1 traction motors drove the six 57" driving wheels to deliver 4,620 hp, but the GG1 could achieve a maximum of 8,500 hp for short bursts. PRR #3936 and #3937 (formerly #4781 and #4780) are a pair of semi-permanently coupled DD1 class electric locomotives, the only surviving examples of their class. The DD1 was designed in 1909 to work in tunnels under the Hudson River between New Jersey and New York City, taking power from a 600 volt DC third rail rather than an overhead catenary. The 315-A 2,000 hp engines were supplied by Westinghouse, and the running gear and cabs were built at Pennsy's Altoona shops.
Below, each unit's motor drove the locomotive through a jackshaft and side rods connected to the 72" drivers. DD1s ceased operating on mainline passenger services in 1924 when PRR's thirteen L5 units appeared.
When Amtrak started operations on 1st May 1971, it initially utilised an aging fleet of GG1 locomotives for its electrified passenger service between New York, NY, and Washington, DC. Twenty six of these 6,000 hp units were built by General Electric at their works in Erie, PA, between 1974 and 1976 (#950-#975). The E60 was based on existing locomotives GE had designed for freight, but their 387,000 lb as-built weight was more than double the optimum for passenger service and caused poor running during testing.
After further refinements and tests, the units entered service at slightly reduced speeds, but then encountered new problems when turning on the tight radius return loops at Sunnyside Yard, New York. They had been designed for close coupling with passenger equipment, but actually coupled so closely that the diaphragms on the coaches would sheer the headlights off the locomotive's nose.
NJT E60 #958, is preserved by the United Railroad Historical Society of New Jersey and is stored in Morristown, NJ.
Amtrak inherited high-speed operations on the Northeast Corridor from bankrupt Penn Central in 1971. Amtrak then turned to Europe, and brought two units for trials in 1976-77: the Swedish Rc4 (numbered X995), and the French CC 21000 (X996). The bodies were built by the Budd Company, with trucks, electrical and mechanical parts from Sweden.
S-12, Erie Mining Company #7243, on the Lake Superior Railroad Museum page of this website.
This EMD NW2 switcher is one of two (#80 & #81) delivered to the Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad in 1946. The Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad, affectionately known as the "Ma and Pa", was a shortline railroad connecting York, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
4-cycle Alco 251-F prime mover powering a GE GT581 generator to drive four GE 752 traction motors, one on each axle.
The C-415 was not a popular locomotive: only twenty-six were produced between 1966 and 1968 for seven different owners, including Hamersley Iron, headquartered in Perth, Australia. Now part of the Allegheny Valley Railroad, what remains of the MCCR serves a few small industrial customers along the north bank of the Monongahela River.


The RS-1 also pioneered the road switcher type, and most switchers built since then have followed the design. The first thirteen RS-1s were requisitioned by the US Army in 1942 and remanufactured by Alco into six axle RSD-1s for the Trans Iranian Railroad to supply the Soviet Union during WWII. You can see TXIX RSD-1 #8000 on the Museum of the American Railroad, OERM RSD-1 #1975 on the Orange Empire Railroad Museum and USA RSD-1 #8651 on the National Railroad Museum pages. After the war, it was stored for six years, then worked for the Alaska Railroad as #1034 for five years, then returned to the US Army in 1956. 1984, it was the first diesel to enter the Smithsonian collection and was on loan when I visited. Designed for long-distance commuter or short-distance intercity travel, they operated on PRR's Harrisburg-Philadelphia, PA, route. The thin stainless steel carbody and light traction components resulted in these being the lightest all metal EMU railroad passenger cars produced in North America.
These EMU (electric multiple unit) Pioneer III coaches were two of six units built for the Pennsy by the Budd Company in Philadelphia, PA, in 1958 numbered #150-#155. They rode on Budd Pioneer III lightweight trucks designed for operating at speeds up to 125 mph. However, there were reliability and performance issues with the Pioneer III's small traction motors and low capacity main transformer. In 1967, when the South East Pennsylvania Transport Authority and PRR took delivery of a second "Silverliner" order from the St.
Pennsylvania Power & Light 18-Ton Switcher #1 was built by the Plymouth Locomotive Works in 1949. This 5 ton narrow gauge (36") switcher was built for the Lone Star Cement Co., by the Brookville Locomotive Works of Brookville, PA, in 1951. Brookville was originally a Ford dealership and simply fixed railroad wheels to Ford trucks. Built in 1930 by the Vulcan Iron Works in Wilkes-Barre, PA, this little diesel engine spent its entire operating life switching at the Vulcan Iron Works Valley Shop. It was retired in the 1960s and, in 1973, was bought by Harold Cox and Ed Blossom, who moved it to Dushore, PA, where they were restoring streetcars.
Blossom then donated it to the Electric City Trolley Museum in Scranton in the 1990s, where it was to be used to move trolley cars in places where there were no overhead wires. The Industrial Brownhoist Company, Bay City, MI, built this crane for the Erie Lackawanna in 1954. Industrial Brownhoist were a major supplier of cranes to the railroad industry and many have been preserved. Unless otherwise stated, all images, layouts and photographs on this website are copyright the author. Once added to your personalized homepage, just edit widget settings to select your desired view.
It was created to provide a historical account of railroading in Pennsylvania but also has some items from outside the state. The "Digimarc-Enabled" Web Button is a trademark of Digimarc Corporation, used with permission. Over time, the Pennsy saved some of its steam locomotives for display or posterity and stored them in its Northumberland, PA, engine house. This is not ideal, as most of the steam locomotives have been stripped of their jacketing to remove lagging and minimise damage caused by damp and rust. By late 1913, the design had reached the point of full fleet production, and eighty more of the class were built at the Juniata Shops in 1914. After 1920, when replaced on premier runs by larger K4s, the E6s were relegated to secondary passenger services although, because of their speed, they were occasionally assigned to special charter runs.
Two years later, it returned to PRR's New York Division, although still occasionally loaned to the LIRR. You can see another PRR Consolidation, H6sb #2846, on the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania Shed page of this website. Combining speed and power, it easily adapted to service on all parts of the vast PRR network, which included some of the country's most demanding mountain terrain.
While there, it was redesignated as K4 #1737 (originally the first of the K4s but, by then, too far deteriorated for effective restoration), and was consequently spared the torch. It then worked in the Central Region, mostly in Ohio, before returning east in 1955, to be assigned to the New York area for several months and then to Philadelphia, where it spent its last years in passenger service working between Pemberton and Atlantic City, NJ.
These featured one-piece cast cylinder saddles with inside steam delivery, Worthington feedwater heaters and two air compressors. After exhaustive testing, the company then ordered one hundred and seventy-five of the class from Baldwin and a further twenty-five from Lima in 1926. All had scoops to pick up water from track pans and, at the rear, were fitted with a "doghouse" for the head-end brakeman on freight trains. Three hundred and forty-four were also built at Pennsy's Juniata Shops and twenty-five by Alco.
With 27" x 30" cylinders, a 70 sq ft grate, 301.5 sq ft firebox and total heating surface of 5,189 sq ft including 1,154 sq ft superheating, it operated at 205 psi delivering 61,465 lbs tractive effort. The four-wheel trailing truck of the BA A-1 permitted a larger firebox and boiler, producing power and speed not seen before. With a 90.3 sq ft grate, 461 sq ft firebox and total heating surface of 6,810 sq ft (including 1,992 superheating), it operated at a boiler pressure of 245 psi, delivering 64,135 lbs tractive effort. The Pennsy ordered fourteen more GG1s from GE but the remaining one hundred and twenty-five were built at Altoona, PA, between 1935 and 1943, with electrical components from Westinghouse in East Pittsburgh and chasses built by Baldwin. The last GG1 to retire, #4882, is on the National NYC Museum page, #4890 is on the National Railroad Museum page and #4903 on the Museum of the American Railroad page. The first two units were tested in 1909 and twenty-five were subsequently ordered that year for delivery in 1910. However, they still hauled empty passenger trains from Penn Station to the Sunnyside Yard, and their simplicity and reliability meant they actually outlasted the L5 units by some years. Seven (#950-#956) were fitted with steam generators to heat older passenger cars and designated E60CP. The engines tended to yaw when accelerating, placing high stress on the rails, and the FRA refused to let them to operate at their designed speed of 120 mph after they derailed twice during testing. They were scheduled for overhaul and new cab signal equipment to permit 120 mph running, but none of the overhauls was fully completed when it was decided to scrap the fleet. With the arrival of its new AEM7 electrics in 1984, Amtrak then began to dispose of the units. Electrified passenger services between New York, NY, and Washington, DC, were handled by new Budd Metroliner electric multiple units and aging PRR GG1s. Amtrak favoured the Swedish design, which formed the basis for the 7,000 hp AEM7, sixty-five of which were built by EMD from 1978 to 1988 under licence from Swedish manufacturer ASEA.
The Swedish influence led to the nickname "Meatball", after Swedish meatballs, but rail fans nicknamed the boxy units "toasters".
It is one of the original DC propulsion units, rather than the later modified AC propulsion units.


Renumbered #758 and #759, they entered service switching at Blue Island, IL, and were the only S-12s to operate on the Rock Island.
It is an upgraded version of a predecessor unit, the 800 hp S-8, similar in size and mechanics but with increased horsepower.
Four hundred and fifty-two of the units were produced between 1951 and 1956, all for US railroads.
A six cylinder De LaVergne 606A SC prime mover powered a Westinghouse WE480 generator to drive four Westinghouse WE362 traction motors. With an EMD 12-567 prime mover powering a GM D15C generator to drive four GM-D37 traction motors, it developed 31,000 lbs continuous tractive effort at 11 mph with a top speed of 65 mph. It weighs 240,000 lbs and delivers 42,000 lbs continuous tractive effort at 10 mph with a top speed of 66 mph. It was a subsidiary of Jones & Laughlin Steel Company, although it also served other industries along the route.
Four hundred and sixty-nine of these were built by Alco-GE between 1941 and 1953, and then by Alco from 1953 to 1960, making it the longest production run of any diesel locomotive for the North American market. The set-back cab provides greater safety in the event of a collision than earlier switchers, and rear visibility is much better than in a cab unit. Power was supplied from an overhead pantograph like that on all other PRR long distance electrified motive power.
Using the Pioneer III as a model, the thirty-eight new "Silverliner" cars, as the new coaches were called, had more powerful traction motors and used "spear" couplers in place of the "knuckle" design. Louis Car Co., the 1963 "Silverliner" cars became "Silverliner II" cars and the 1967 order, "Silverliner III". As part of the Penn Central merger, they were also renumbered in non-sequential order to #294-#299. However, this grew into a business fitting unfinished truck or tractor chasses with their own underframes, rail wheels and drives. Numbered #03302 and based in Meadville, PA, it transferred to Conrail in 1976 and was renumbered #50212.
You can see more on the B&O Museum Yard & Car Shop page of this website, the IC #2542, the Nevada Northern Railroad Museum, the Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Virginia Museum of Transportation, Gold Coast Railroad Museum, Ogden Union Station, Monticello Railway Museum and National Railroad Museum pages. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania Train Shed page has photographs of equipment displayed indoors.
With the State of Pennsylvania seeking to set up a railroad museum and Penn Central, PRR's successor, wanting to get rid of the collection in the late 1960s, the equipment was moved to a new museum site in Strasburg. However, construction of a $5 million roundhouse is underway, which will provide much better display conditions. The first production locomotive, #1794, hauled PRR's top "name" trains, including the Broadway Limited and Manhattan Limited. A DD1 electric then made the final run to Penn Station, where ten canisters of processed film were rushed by taxi under police escort to local cinemas.
In 1942, it transferred to the Atlantic Division and then, in 1953, was leased to Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines. In addition, Baldwin built seventy-five K4s locomotives (the "s" indicated they were superheated) in 1927, and twenty-five more were built at Altoona.
In 1985, it moved to the Railroaders Memorial Museum at Altoona, was restored and returned to service for excursions in 1987. With 27" A— 30" cylinders, a 69.9 sq ft grate and 397 sq ft firebox, total heating surface was 6,332 sq ft including 1,630 sq ft superheating.
The new wheel arrangement was dubbed the "Berkshire" after the mountain range it conquered operating between Springfield and Pittsfield, MA. You can see NKP #765 under steam on the NKP #765 page of this website, and NKP #779 in on the Steamtown page.
The streamlining is usually attributed to Raymond Loewy, but a Classic Trains Magazine article by Hampton C.
Restored at Strasburg, PA, it was loaned to the museum in 1982 and donated outright in 2000.
The other nineteen had head end generators for newer passenger cars and were designated E60CH (#957-#975).
Ten were sold to New Jersey Transit in 1984, and two to the Navajo Mine Railroad in New Mexico. One thousand, one hundred and forty-five were produced from 1939 to 1949, one thousand, one hundred and twenty-one for US railroads and twenty-four for Canada. Passenger services ended in 1954, the first section of line was abandoned in 1958 and most of the remaining line had gone by 1984.
Andrews Bay Railroad, this unit was one of the thirteen and, as US #8011, it spent most of the war on the Trans Iranian Railroad. The PRR then took the Pioneer III cars off intercity operations and used them exclusively on the Philadelphia area commuter service. After delivery of the "Silverliner IV" cars from GE in 1974-75, the Pioneers were again renumbered #244-#248 (one unit had been retired after a train wreck).
During the early 1930s, they started building entire locomotives, using outside suppliers for engines and transmissions. Click to see this overview of the Pennsylvania Railroad from its inception through to the mid 1940s. The International News Reel Company engaged the PRR to rush their film to New York of the 11th June reception of Charles Lindbergh by President Calvin Coolidge in Washington, DC. Within fifteen minutes of the Lindbergh Special's arrival, scenes of the Washington ceremony were being shown on Manhattan screens, a full hour before competitors', originating the legend that #460 had outraced the airplanes. Back on the PRR Atlantic Division in January 1954, #460 headed a railfan excursion from Newark to Atlantic City, NJ, the last passenger train to travel between South Amboy and Camden, the original route of the "John Bull".
In their final years, they saw service on shorter lines, including the Pennsy's operations on the New York and Long Island Branch coast line.The cylinders are 27" x 28" and the drivers are 80".
Originally fitted with lattice tube cow catchers, the M1 front ends underwent similar changes to the K4s, with sheet steel drop-coupler pilots, and swapping the headlight to the top of the smokebox in front of the stack and the steam-driven generator to the front of the smokebox for easier maintenance.
The locomotive could deliver 34,000 lbs continuous tractive effort at 10.8 mph, and had a top speed of 60 mph. To steal an advantage over their competitors, who flew their film to New York for processing, International leased a B60 baggage car from the PRR and converted it to a laboratory where the film was developed, edited, and copied en route. With a 70 sq ft grate area, 305 sq ft firebox and total heating surface of 4,984 sq ft, including 943 sq ft superheating, the K4 operated at a boiler pressure of 205 psi, delivering 44,460 lbs tractive effort.
Repair work was contracted to Steamtown, in Scranton, PA, but the restoration project appears now to be dead.
On 11th January 1956, it was dropped from service and transferred to the PRR collection at Northumberland, PA.



G gauge steam locomotives
New york city housing authority woodside community center new york
taintedsong.com taintedsong.com taintedsong.com


Comments to «Train shops erie pa 32nd»

  1. XAN001

    The historical loss of operational infrastructure and.
  2. Delfin

    Here with a paper grocery sack poking out of my shirt, heading for two,000 square feet in the.