Nyc child day care services,shark tank cat potty video,absorbent underwear potty training videos,toddler step up stool mean - Plans Download

Upon this discovery the energetic Dutch laid claim to the lands in what now are New Jersey and New York. Long before Hendryck Hudson ever went a-voyaging, nay before this doughty seaman shrilled his first baby cry, the a€?good and pleasant landa€? had been discovered, explored and settled by that immemorial legal process known as squattersa€Y rights. The Unamis branch of the Lenni Lenape Indians lived along the river known as Manasquan and upon the Island since called a€?Osbornea€Ys.a€? They claimed the exclusive right to fish in and hunt along the tributaries of the river.
The last Indian claimants to the land were known to the whites as Tom Store and Andrew Woolley.
So, to the Indian exploration and hunting and fishing rights and to the doughty Dutch goes the honor of discovering not only the land, but the goodness and pleasantness and worthwhileness of this part of America for all those who should follow in the centuries to come. The white man, having discovered this part of the American Continent, and having come to the conclusion that it was truly a a€?good and pleasant land,a€? his fellows proceeded to draw the conclusion into reality.
On the 8th day of April, 1665, Richard Nicholls, Esq., Governor under His Royal Highness, the Duke of York, of all his territories in America, signed a grant, which is known as the Monmouth Patent. Governor and his executives, the Indians in their primitive dress, the settlers in the dull garb of the Quakers, Puritans, Long Island Dutch, and the Governor and his executives in the scarlet and Gold uniforms of their rank, made a memorable scene in the old State House in New York. This grant embraced parts of Middlesex and Ocean Counties and all of what is now Monmouth, except the Township of Upper Freehold and the western part of Millstone.
On June 24, 1664, the Duke of York had disposed of all his interests in the territory lying between the Hudson and the Delaware Rivers to Lord Berkeley and Sir George Carteret. Philip Carteret at once gave proclamation of his Commission as Governor a€?under the new Lord Proprietorsa€?. The Proprietors claimed that the titles given by Governor Nicholls were void, to which the settlers demurred. Among those recorded in the record of a€?Quit-Rentsa€? and Patents are some interesting and familiar Monmouth County names: a€?Richard Hartshornea€”500 acres, January 18, 1685.
Bit by bit they cleared their land, made trails which became crude roads and in their habitations began to mingle in those social gatherings that have ever been the relaxation of those who live close to the soil and come to grips with nature.
To say that our town has grown is to say something that seems silly, for years ago there was no town, just settlements or habitations scattered here and there singly or in neighborly fashion in the clearings in the forests or by the quiet river-side. By the time the fateful days of the Revolutionary war had rolled around, Manasquan Inlet had become a refuge for small boats and was by way of becoming a small sea port. The Salt Works, which were scattered all along our coast, were the objects of depredation on the part of the British and their Tory allies.
The charcoal industry was beginning to flourish and various trades and occupations which cause men to gather in groups for mutual help and convenience were being developed among the dwellers in the eastern end of Monmouth County. But ever as late as 1815, there was no village of Manasquan and its site was a thick hickory wood, having a small clearing where the Osborn House once stood (near the intersection of present Main and South Streets). It seems that the first building that could properly be called the beginning of the town was built in 1808. Soon after 1815, there was a tavern-house, the store of Jacob Curtis, the houses of Benjamin Pearce, William McKnight and David Curtis.
The only house of worship in this entire community at this time was the Quaker Meeting House,but this simple, beautiful faith flourished in the midst of world cares and concerns.
Thus, through all the years there has been a strong religious influence in and around Manasquan.
A weekly mail route was established from Freehold to Toma€Ys River by way of a€?Old Squan Long Bridgea€? by Act of Congress on April 20th, 1818.
During the year 1854 a considerable interest was manifested toward having a postoffice at Squan, as the inhabitants were compelled to go two miles or more to Squan Bridge for their mail. I promised to write when god brought me to Jersey, but had not time till now; I shall give thee a brief account of the Country, no fiction, but the truth. The soile is generally black, and in some places a foot deep bearing great burthens of Corn, and Naurally bringeth forth English grass 2 years pleuching: the ground is tender, and the ploughing is very easie, the trees grow genrally not thick, but some places 10, in some 15, in some 25, or 30 upon an Acre.
England, and I think feed much better, for they have Beef, Pork, Bacon, Pudding, Milk, Butter and good Beer; and Cyder for drink.
In 1796, John Havens (501), then called a€?senior,a€? purchased from James Allen for A?1,500 a tract of 250 acres of farmland, woodland and meadow between Metedeconk River and Kettle Creek and bordering on Barnegant Bay. Through the large farm of John Havens, on Metedconk Neck, ran a road in an easterly-westerly direction, dividing the farm into not uneven parts. 1879 Same day, Charles and Augusta Schmidt sell Jersey City land to Sarah, of Mamakating, Sullivan Co. The New York City day care system is plagued with terrifying overcrowding and lack of oversight, putting the lives of children across the city in danger. Parents across the city drop their little ones off at day care every day, expecting their children will return home safe and sound. Some of these caregivers break laws and ignore safety regulations, resulting in dangerous overcrowding, serious injuries, lost children and even death. The morning of July 22, 2013, she dropped off her only child, 3-month-old Amir, at a day care in St. Karen Ballard, a licensed operator of several Q-Kids Day care facilities in Queens, said she found Amir motionless and unresponsive in a bassinet around 3 p.m. In a disturbing recording of that call, Ballard can be heard shouting as a 911 operator tries to help. At that moment a neighbor walked in off the street and began to help Ballard, relaying CPR instructions from the 911 operator to the day care owner. In the end, Amir's short life ended that morning, and his mother was left with the cold reality that her only child is gone forever.
189-29 117 Road is where 3 month old baby Amir Millington was found dead, in July 2013, in a bassinet at the Q-Kids Day Care Center on 117th Road in St. The state of New York requires that at least one person on the premises of a licensed day care be trained in CPR. At the time of Amir’s death, Q-Kids was in violation of a number of rules and regulations set up by the city and state to keep children safe. This scenario plays out daily across the city, where day care providers who are paid per child are routinely caught jamming in more kids than are allowed, leaving very young children unsupervised or overseen by unlicensed caregivers.
A Daily News investigation of the city's 11,513 licensed day care centers (and hundreds more unlicensed facilities) found a pattern of too many kids and not enough help.
Records show more than 820 violations related to overcrowding by city day care providers in 2013 and 2014 alone. At a day care operated by Gloria Robinson in Flatbush, Brooklyn, inspectors found 21 children and noted that children ages 5-9 were sent down the block to the store by themselves. At several facilities cited repeatedly for overcrowding, children were seriously injured or left behind in parks and playgrounds by themselves.
At Kathy’s Day Care in Elmhurst, Queens, a special needs child managed to simply leave the facility with no one noticing.
The News reviewed more than 800 pages of documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Law, including all license suspensions or revocations between Jan.
Suspensions and revocations of city day care licenses nearly tripled from 49 in 2011 to 145 in 2015, records show. Eight children were seriously injured, including a 10-month-old burned by a hot iron at a jammed facility, an unattended infant chewing on an electrical cord, and an unsupervised toddler who stuck a pin into a wall socket. Day care operators lost track of nine children, with kids left behind in parks and playgrounds by clueless staff.
Conditions at some day care centers included sewage leaks, blocked fire exits and roaches inside a fridge.
At six day care centers, staff members have been arrested, including a provider charged with attacking another provider with a steak knife. For the most part, these serious incidents are invisible because the system is anything but transparent. It’s next to impossible for parents to get a coherent picture of what the inspectors discover.

The city system, meanwhile, goes back only two years, after which all violations are erased from view. At the Play House Learning Time Day Care in the Claremont section of the Bronx, the lack of supervision was disastrous. The report shows the assistant placed 10-month-old Nevaeh-Sky on the bed in the room with the iron, then went to answer the doorbell. Not surprisingly, the city learned of this atrocity from the parent, Charmaine Harrell - not from the facility. Nevaeh-Sky, age 3, who was just 10 months old when she was burned by a hot iron at a day care center called Play House Learning Time Day Care at 1450 Clay Ave. It took the state nine months to revoke Jackson's license, shutting down Play House in June 2014.
The parents of another infant, Aren Martinez, sued Solid Foundations Preschool in the Allerton section of the Bronx following a similar incident in June 2014. Their child was left unsupervised on the floor of the main child care area and managed to put a frayed electrical cord in his mouth. The operator, Nnennacq Franciamore, told inspectors she was in the bathroom with other children and that her assistant was in the kitchen. In July 2014, when the state moved to revoke Solid Foundations’ license, an assistant there refused to sign a form acknowledging receipt.
The owner, Barbara Ellis, did not cooperate with hospital staff trying to figure out what happened to the child, according to the February 2014 state revocation notice obtained by The News.
Another overcrowded day care center where a child was injured was up and running this month, despite a license suspension and a history of repeat violations for taking in too many children. In January 2015, Jayna Frank, mother of an infant girl named Mona, sued ABC Ministry on Avenue B in Brooklyn. The state did manage to shut down a facility in Morris Park in the Bronx after encountering a particularly elaborate effort to hide the fact that they were caring for far too many children. Inspector Ebanks-Hinds sat down at a table in front of a bank of camera monitors and began filling out forms. She opened the door and found staff moving children from the basement to a neighboring home. The inspector "had to threaten police action to get the staff to return with the children" and then she began counting.
Karen Ballard, owner of Q-Kids Day Care in Queens, license revoked after three-month-old infant Amir Millington died in her care July 22, 2013.
For three months there were no incidents as the city began paying Q-Kids $199 a week to care for Amir.
In a suit brought by attorney Nancy McGee of Wisell & McGee, Ballard admitted in a deposition that when her daughter, Quamia, went out to get lunch that afternoon, she was alone with 11 children. And in February and then again in June 2015, a private investigator hired by McGee videotaped children coming and going from two Q-Kids locations.
State OCFS spokesman Flamisch said they suspended the Q-Kids registered to Quamia immediately because that’s where the incident occurred. Manasquan, Maniquan, Mannisquan, Manasquam, Squan and Squan Village are mentioned in various old records, among them a deed dated 1685.
They claimed a€zfrom the mouth of Squan River to the mouth of the Shrewsbury River, to the streams of each to their heads and across from one head to another.a€Y This claim was satisfactorily settled at a subsequent conference held at Easton, Pennsylvania, in October, 1758.
The patentees were William Goulding, Samuel Spicer, John Bowne, Richard Gibbons, Richard Stout, James Grover, John Tilton, Nathaniel Sylvester, William Reape, Walter Clark, Nicholas Davies and Obadiah Holmes. Many of these had previously lived in the Colony of Massachusetts Bay and had left there on account of the religious persecution to which they had been subjected. By the terms of this document the title derived by the settlers from Governor Nicholls was absolutely ignored and they were required to take out new patents under the proprietors, whom they were to acknowledge as land-lords and to whom they were to pay stipulated quit-rents.
Defiance, disputes, appeals, friction, riots, and imprisonments, covering many years and many changes of ownership, were the outcome.
Hartshorne came to New Jersey from London in September 1779 and for a time resided at Wawake.
There were a few exceptions, among whom was Indian Will, who fished and hunted from Shrewsbury to Barnegat, camping at various places.
By the middle of the last century, there were two stores, one kept by Hatsell (Hadsell?) and Curtis and the other by John Gifford. This route was from Freehold by Squankum, Manasquan (Manasquan here means large settlement in the vicinity of what is now the Route 70 Bridge over the Manasquan River), Toms River, Cedar Creek and Manahawkin to Tuckerton. In this movement, Osborn Curtis took a very active part and he became the unanimous choice of the people for post-master. Haight established a stage coach service between the boat terminal at Red Bank and Manasquan.
After a brief stop, the coach would proceed to the Trap-Tavern in Hamilton (at the intersection of Route 33 and Old Corlies Road) where the travelers usually had their lunch.
When they are out of their time, they have land for themselves, and generally turn Farmours for themselves. This time, to Elizabeth Hill, who before her marriage had lived in Hopewell NJ and there had been a loyal member of the Baptist Church. Anna Havens and Samuel Havens, her step-children, were convicted of sin, and brought to a saving knowledge of the truth. At the death of their father, the eldest sons, Samuel and John, continued to occupy and farm these portions of the domain.
Clarissa bore John 10 children: Ephraim, John, Ann, William, Cynthia, Clarissa, Henry, Esther, George, and Walter.
William Henry Havens (single), Mary (Havens) Wilson, Bradley Wilson her husband, Ann Nebecker and Henry Nebecker her husband, all of Payson, in the territory of Utah, the said William Henry Havens and Mary Wilson being the only children and heirs at law of John Havens, late of the County of Hudson, and the said Ann Nebecker being the widow of the said John Havens, did deed, on 6 Jul 1870, to Harvey M. John Hopper, guardian of minor Peter Smith Havens, appointed by Orphana€Ys Court on 19 Sep 1870, sold to Sarah Havens (Petera€Ys mother), on 10 Jan 1871, property in 12th Ward of Jersey City belonging to said minor. Sarah Havens of Jersey City (formerly Hudson City) NJ, on 26 Aug 1874, bought from Charles H. Sarah Havens, of Jersey City NJ, sold to Mary Josephine Wade, on 17 May 1877, land in Lot #3, in West Hoboken NJ, for $1600.
Sarah Havens of Jersey City, Hudson, NJ, on 5 Apr 1877, sold land in Jersey City to Charles F. The patentees were William Goulding, Samuel Spicer, John Bowne, Richard Gibbons, Richard Stout, James Grover,A  John Tilton, Nathaniel Sylvester, William Reape, Walter Clark, Nicholas Davies and Obadiah Holmes.
Ballard, who was working alone at the time, later claimed she was proficient in CPR and first aid, court records show. Kathy’s is still in operation, along with several other sites shut down since 2013 for egregious violations.
That includes Amir Millington, along with a child who drowned in a Staten Island swimming pool and a child stomped to death by a day care operator in the Bronx. Often owners operate both city-and state-run sites, but inspection results are kept in separate websites depending on the type of facility. Even if a parent manages to find the inspection reports, they’re written in legalese that would confuse a Harvard Law School graduate.
And New York City providers got themselves specifically exempted from a law recently passed requiring all day care to post the latest inspection reports at their entrance.
26, 2013, provider Tauheedah Jackson left an assistant with four children while she took a shower.
When the assistant returned, the infant had fallen off the bed and the iron had fallen onto the infant. Frank alleged that her unsupervised child burned herself on an exposed radiator because no one was watching. Millington, a Cablevision worker, learned of Q-Kids from her sister, whose daughter had been placed there without a problem.

When a child left unattended died in the care of Bronx day care operator Johanny Garcia in June 2014, the state shut the place down within three days. The state moved to revoke one of the three Q-Kids sites in August 2013 but didn't act against the other two until March 2014.
Nicholls, who was unaware of the transaction until the arrival of Philip Carteret, a brother of Sir George Carteret, late in the summer of the same year. He became interested in the Nichollsa€Y Patent controversy and in 1685, with several others, he took up 2500 acres of land on the coast, extending from a€?Rack Ponda€? on the North, to the head of Barnegat Bay, on the south.
Landing in the river, they selected their home sites, cleared the land, built their homes in which they installed their families and few, and often scant possessions. Another Meeting House, the Old Free Church on the Hill (later to be known as the Ocean Mill (Hill) Methodist Protestant Church) was built in what is now Atlantic Cemetery. The coach then proceeded along country roads to Tiltona€Ys Tavern at Baileya€Ys Corner and thence to the Squan House at Manasquan, the end of an arduous daya€Ys journey.
It is scituate in a good Aire, which makes it healthy, and there is great conveniency for traveling from places throw the Province in Boats, from a small Canoe to Vessels of 30, 30, or 50 Tun, and in some places 100.
There is likewayes Gum tree, Cedar, White Wood, like our Fir tree; Walnuts Chestnuts and others lye thick upon the ground. I have sent for servants myself to settle a farme, for if the Proprietors will not do so, I see not what they can expect. In the deed of purchase, a plot of A? acre a€?in the northwest corner of the orcharda€? was set aside for use as a burying ground.
Through this lady, the first Baptist Church in [that] section of the state was established in 1804. Samuel thought of uniting with the Methodist Church, as there was no Baptist Church near, nor the most distant prospect of one being established. In the will of John Pieterse Van Houten (Marya€Ys father), he refers to her as a€?Polly, wife of Halmagh I. Some of the children may have been baptized in the Reformed Dutch Church at Ponds (now Oakland, Bergen County) which is closer than Pompton Plains, in Morris County, but unfortunately 150 years of Ponds Reformed Dutch Church records were destroyed by fire, so we do not have all the pertinent information about Halmagh and Pollya€Ys family.
Bliss, of Hudson city, about 1.75 acres, for $1200, being the same premises conveyed by Garret Vreeland, his wife and others to John Havens by deed of 14 Apr 1856 and recorded in Deed Book 53, p. Wynnkeep, County Auditor, sold to Eugene Stevenson, on 23 May 1881, Jersey City, land that formerly belonged to Sarah Havens, then living out of state. Many were up and running as of this month, either operating illegally or allowed to reopen by forgiving government overseers. In a bedroom a hot iron sat on a shelf, according to the inspector's report obtained by The News. Albans, Queens, caretakers put a child in an unsupervised "time out" next to a refrigerator. 1, 2015, inspectors have cited ABC for eight "public health hazard" violations - the most serious - including not having a working fire alarm as of Jan.
Curtis went to Washington with his petition and after he had made known the grievances of the people to the Postmaster General, the request was granted. This entire tract of land had formerly belonged to John Allen, father of James Allen, and had been purchased by him from William Bills. She missed the services of the sanctuary and longed for a Baptist Church where she could worship. He, however, was advised to accompany his step- mother to Hightstown, that they might take counsel of the Rev. The second daughter, Ann (our direct ancestor), was born 24 Mar 1817 and married John Havens on 13 Feb 1839, in Bergen NJ.
NJ to Thomas Andrews of Hudson, Hudson, NJ, on 23 Oct 1855, for a mortgage totaling $3,000. Van Winkle and his wife Mary Ann, of Hudson, Hudson, NJ, sold 1.63 acres to John Havens for the sum of $1. With no adults in the room, the little girl stuck a bobby pin in a wall socket, receiving a shock and burning her fingers. Thus we have one of the earliest, if not the earliest mention of the name of Manasquan, in American records. They have sent over many servants, and are likewayes sending more; They have like wayes sent over many poor Families, and given them a small stock, and these Families, some some for 7, some for 10 years, give the half of their increase to the Landlord, except the milk, which the tennant hath to himself.
Peter Wilson, on the evening preceding the first Lorda€Ys Day in November 1801, and went directly to Mr. Other family members believe he married Rachel Baker on 8 Sep 1840, as there is a marriage record to that effect. She was divorced later because of her joining the Mormon Church and later married Henry Nebeker while preparing to move to Utah. They had held property in trust that had been previously purchased by her husband John Havens.
Beckham of Hoboken NJ, on 28 Jul 1879, land obtained from Edward Dubois in the city of West Hoboken, for $800. When the mother showed up to collect her child, the girl was crying hysterically and the uncle of the owner - who was not approved to care for children - blamed the child. I wish thee would send over some to set up a Brew-house, and a Bake house to bake Bread and Bisket, for a Bisket-Maker we must have to vend our meat to the Plantations. His wife, Rebecca Jeffrey, had died 6 years before, leaving four sons and one daughter, the eldest, Samuel, 19 years of age and the youngest, Abraham, a child of 3. Pollya€Ys grandfather, Pieter Adrianse Van Houten, was the grandson of Pieter Helmighse, who was the brother of Catlyntje Helmighse Van Houten, who married Johannes Gerritse Van Wagene--the youngest son of immigrants Gerrit Gerritse and Annetje Hermanse; thus making two direct lines back to Gerrit Gerritse and his wife, Annetje Hermanse, and two lines back to Helmigh Cornelise Van Houten and his wife, Jannetje Pieterse Marselise. The first two were sons: John Halmagh, (after his grandfather and father, according to Dutch tradition) and Henry R.
The Chancellor decreed that within 30 days the defendants provide her a deed for the contested land.
New York, which I may need to pursue, since Sarah lived in New York at times.) Recorded in Deed Book 310, p.
A piece; and then to work they go, 2 or 3 men will in one year clear 50 acres, in some places 60, and in some more. He was also a member of the Legislature and instrumental in bringing the railroad to the Shore.
Wilson was sick and confined to bed; his sickness was so severe he could not converse with them. Like her older sisters, she emigrated to Nauvoo and then moved on to Utah with the Mormon Pioneers. There was an immediate appeal on the grounds Sarah hadna€Yt fully paid for the property and that it was originally titled in the name of her husband John, but on 16 Mar 1876 that appeal was denied. They sow Corn the first year, and afterwards maintain themselves; and the increase of Corn, Cows, Horses, Hogs and Sheep comes to the Landlord. I desire thee to encourage some of our Friends, especially the Proprietors, to send over some servants to stock some land: and when they have cleared it, if they have a mind to lett it, here are tenants to take it, and if they will sell it, here also are purchasers.
Now I have layd these things before thee, and desire thee to impart them to some of the Proprietors and other friends that they may consider of the same. Now I have layd these things before thee, and desire thee to impart them to someA  of the Proprietors and other friends that they may consider of the same. The whole was 1600 or 1800 acres, whereof only 120 acres were cleared, upon which he had a house, Garden and Orchard, and Barn planted: I know several men who lett cleared land at 6 shil.

Night potty training 2 year old need
How to potty train a pocket beagle usa


  1. gizli_baxislar, 21.03.2014
    Prevalent in kids who are into the potty, how.
  2. Rengli_Yuxular, 21.03.2014
    Some children choose the potty anytime they experience an accident him'¦and I nyc child day care services want to encourage him to indeed.