Plainfield Railroad Station on North Avenue, view of north side, with horse-drawn carriages, motor car, and pedestrians. Photo ID: V7353 - Part of the 2009 4th Annual Photograph Contest exhibition Four Seasons in Plainfield. Plainfield Railroad Station, view of morning commuter train in winter, looking west, circa 1909. The first trolley (electric streetcar) came to Plainfield on August 9, 1892 replacing most of the city's mule-drawn vehicles. The Plainfield Postcard Collection contains 2,000 postcards with 1,000 unique images.
Learn more about transportation in Plainfield through the Library's On The Move online exhibit. The Plainfield Public Library announces a new exhibition in honor of New Jersey’s 350th anniversary celebration (NJ350). The men and women of the Plainfield Motorcycle Club pose with their bikes on Somerset Street in North Plainfield.
The photograph was taken in front of Horner's bicycle and motorcycle shop (center), the Randall Harness Company (left) and H. Reina Lawrence took this photo of Dorothea Dix, her niece, playing in the garden when Dorothea was aged three or four. The Dorothea Dix and Reina Lawrence Collection is currently on display as part of the Library’s Notable Women of Plainfield exhibition. Plainfield Photographer William Monroe won Third Place for this beautiful winter-time photograph of a small brick building next to large barn with snow on the ground at Peterson Farm, located at 1227 Cushing Road, in the 2009 Annual Plainfield Photograph Contest: Four Seasons in Plainfield.
Artist Jonas Lie leading a tour of school children in the old Plainfield Library Art Gallery through an exhibit presented by Mr.
Jonas Lie (1880-1940) was born in Moss, Norway, the son of an American mother and a Norwegian father. The first trolley (electric streetcar) came to town on August 10, 1892 replacing most of the mule-drawn vehicles. A group of costumed party-goers, and a sleepy little clown, pose for a group portrait at Mr. The exhibit is helping to promote this year's Annual Photography Contest: Plainfield Celebrates.
The French School opened in December 1927 as the French School of Music on 514 Park Avenue in Plainfield. This photo of a flowering shrub in Plainfield Square Park on South Avenue was taken by Brian Cook in September 2009 for the Library's Annual Photograph Contest. In this photo, John Thompson, New Jersey district director of Citizenship and Immigration Services, and Adrian Mapp, two-term city councilman and Plainfield Democratic mayoral candidate, congratulates a newly naturalized citizen. In this photo, a group of young people, dressed to impress, enjoy a summer evening by watching a basketball game at the court on Madison and 5th.
May Day activities like this were common in Plainfield, and America, since Victorian times. The Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church was founded in 1844 at 120 East Front in Plainfiield, in a modest building of the New England meeting house style. On Saturday, April 27, 2013, the Plainfield Cultural & Heritage Commission and Plainfield Cahmber of Commerce are co-sponsoring a tour of historic churches in Plainfield.
On March 2, 1914, New Jersey was hit with one of the worst snow storms in twenty-six years. In this photo taken amidst the swirling snowfall, Chief Thaddeus Doane (far left) stands with Mayor Percy Stewart. This whimsical skating image from a wood-cut engraving on paper is by American artist, Winslow Homer. In March 2012, The Shakespeare Garden became site #54 on New Jersey's Women's Heritage Trail. Plainfield artist Alonzo Adams grew up using the Plainfield Public Library, which is proud to own several of his original paintings and signed prints. This old glass plate negative shows groups of people ice skating on a frozen stream in Plainfield's Cedar Brook Park. Visible in this photograph are the rooftop of Martin's Blacksmith Shop and the French's Fine Carriages building to the right. It was also reported that excited Plainfielders were up all night and in the streets; telegraphic communications were cut off. Here's a photograph of what the scene looked like the following day after the water subsided. This photograph of a quiet spot in Plainfield's Shakespeare garden in Cedarbrook Park won Honorable Mention in the Library's 2010 Photography Contest, East Side, West Side, All Around the Town.
This photograph, taken by local photographer Elizabeth King, is one of Plainfield's beautiful porches. This photograph of the Shakespeare Garden in Plainfield's Cedar Brook Park was taken by William Monroe for the Library's Annual Photography Contest in 2009.


Formal portrait of four generations of Vail women: Elise Ditzel Leis, Ida Leis Steihl, Ida Steihl Vail and Marjorie Estelle Vail as a toddler. Women appear on the jury of the Plainfield District Court for the first time, April 13, 1921. On April 13, 1921, women sat on the jury in the Plainfield District Court for the first time. This photo shows the nearly completed construction of the Plainfield Humane Society on Rock Avenue. In addition to human rights issues, she stressed the importance of voting and the Equal Rights Amendment. Listening behind her are (from left to right): City Council candidate William Merritt, Councilman Rick Taylor (Mayor of Plainfield from 1984 to 1989) and city Democratic Chairman Joe Montgomery. Horse-drawn sleigh in front of 772 Kensington Avenue; the sleigh is shown stopped on snow-covered street.
Local soldiers from Plainfield and Dunellen on a train departing from Plainfield Station. Early members of The Shakespeare Club (later known as the Shakespeare Society) of Plainfield.
A front page Plainfield Evening News article described a large crowd of people lining up along Front Street to witness its maiden voyage. As reported in the Plainfield Daily Press on April 17, 1916, "The Plainfield motorcycle club enjoyed its first ride of the season Sunday. Kenyon, Head-Mistress of the old Plainfield Seminary and founder of the Kenyon School for Girls. The Green Brook runs through the park, which has banks on both the Plainfield and North Plainfield sides. A front page Plainfield Evening News article describes a large crowd of people lining up along Front Street to witness its maiden voyage. It was started by Yvonne Combe and Helene Pfieffer, two European musicians, who eventually came to reside in Plainfield. This photo was taken by Plainfield photographer, Irving Georges and is part of his Downtown Plainfield series. In 1912, The Plainfield Daily Press and another local newspaper reported that 4500 guests gathered on the Seminary lawn to enjoy that year's merry-making. Over the years, a number of local clubs and organizations held similar celebrations in Plainfield parks, gardens, and estates. The first church was built in 1871 near the juncture of La Grande, Crescent Avenue and Broadway (now Watchung Avenue) on land donated by Job Male.
During the month of April, Plainfield Public Library's Local History Department will present a related exhibition entitled, Building Faith in Plainfield: Exploring the City's History Through Its Houses of Worship. There were departments for: Child Welfare, Social Hygiene, Women in Industry, Legislation, Citizenship, and Fair Price. In Plainfield, telephone and telegraph service was crippled, there was no electric light or power, the city streets were piled deep in snow and both the trolley system and railroad were disabled.
Two fire fighters are seated, covered in snow, on the Department's customized Dayton Motorcycle. He began his career as a free-lance magazine illustrator in 1857 and won praise for many of his paintings - watercolors in particular.
In the early 1900's Hugh Gormley's School on Kensignton Avenue opened and catered to women and children. Adams generously donated six prints of his artwork to Plainfield Public Library's Fine Arts Collection. The process utilized chemical salts which were dissolved in collodion, a solution of pyroxylin in alcohol and ether. The flood swept through Wetumpka Falls and the gorge, and then on through Stony Brook, where it brushed through the Coddington Dam and ice houses. Martin Luther King, Jr., urges Plainfielders to reelect Jimmy Carter at a rally in front of the Democratic headquarters on Front Street in Plainfield.
A couple embraces from the train window; the young man behind them is holding a bottle of Concord Grape soda. This image was photographed by flashlight, a newly invented technology using a magnesium-coated wire in a glass globe to light the scene.
The station was built in 1902 and is listed on the state and federal register of historic places.
Canned goods include: Campbells Soup, UCO Grapefruit Juice, Hurff Vegetable Soup, Harris Crab Meat, Heinz Baked Beans, among others. Shops include The Surprise Store, Lucky Spot, Littman's Diamonds, Essel Paints & Wallpapers, and Wolfson's Curtains. He was featured, along with two other Plainfield photographers, in the Library's first Summer Invitational Photography Exhibition in July 2011.
Miss Kenyon gave the painting to her great niece, Eleanor Stimson Brooks, wife of noted literary critic and Plainfield resident, Van Wyck Brooks.


Work on the park began in 1923 following an appropriations of $100,000 towards the purchase of fifty-two acres of land in the Green Brook valley on Plainfield's west end.
Georges' images document his life and the city's residents from the late 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
The celebration opened with a costumed entourage leading the way for the May Queen, Miss Ruth Timpson, who rode a white horse. There were standing committees for: publicity, finance, speakers, entertainment, and enrollment. Part of the larger, national organization, the Columbus Cadet Corps of Plainfield was formed by the Knights of Columbus in 1922, in collaboration with St.
Henry Crane presided over the case, which was that of Ignacia DeFynfo, a real estate operator, who accused John Miklos and his wife of Rahway of unlawful detainer of a property. Sleigh and horse were associated with the Plainfield Riding Academy, which was located across the street.
One of the most significant contributions she made to the world of music was publishing the book Folklore Songs of the United States in 1945.
After finishing school in 1897, he worked full time as a textile designer to support his mother and sisters but continued his studies at night at the National Academy of Design and the Art Students League. The park was complete with a wading pool, playground, and sand box, as well as an athletic field and ball grounds.
Kenyon, a prominent society lady and founder of the Monday Afternoon Club, and her sister, Mrs.
The cycle was outfitted with a chemical tank, which used a combination of baking soda and acid to create a stream of water; this would be useful on small fires. In these, he was concerned with the effect of light and shade, much like the early French Impressionists of the same period. In the 1910s, Joseph Grandl purchased Gormley's school and It became the Kensington Riding School. By 5 o’clock, the three dams at Feltsville were demolished, and the water poured into Plainfield. Check out more of Plainfield's porches in our online exhibit, Plainfield Porches, 1900-1950. The defense attorney was John Stamler of Elizabeth and the attorney for the plaintiff was Irving Kunzman. This collection of blueprints that document the growth of a suburban community is unique in the United States. By 1901 he was already exhibiting his paintings, and by 1904 was garnering the first of the many prizes he would receive for his work. Policeman at right is John Kelly, a member of the Royal Irish Constabulary before coming to the United States. Also on board was a regular fire extinguisher, a fire bell, a basket of hose on top, and probably an axe.
Once this reaction was complete, the plate was removed from the silver nitrate solution, and exposed in a camera while still wet. Although he chose to live and work in the United States, and was later elected President of the National Academy of Design, Lie returned regularly to Norway to paint. Three people were drowned (none from Plainfield), and many crops and farm animals were lost. Other works by Lie can been seen at Plainfield's Drake House and All Souls Unitarian Church. The dominant feature of the park was landscape, as shown in this beautiful photograph taken on a quiet winter day.
She leased the Crescent Rink building, tore out the dance floor, and had it converted into a horse-riding ring. It was the first widely used photographic process which resulted in a negative image on a transparent photographic medium (such as glass).
In addition to the coasts of New England and Cullercoats, he also painted in the West Indies, and Long Branch, New Jersey.
The Fete concluded with a cotillion figure (a patterned social dance, like a square dance) in which the whole school joined. If you have more information about the Columbus Cadet Corps, please contact the Local History Department. Instead, celebrants enjoyed the flowers, music and dancing of a secular, community-oriented festival.
Laing, John Dahl, Lamar Van Syckel, George Edwards, Donald McInnis, Francis Wernig, Charles S.



Cell phone sales in 2012
Westerville ohio white pages phone book
Yellow pages for orlando fl
Free book online app


Comments to Us citizenship and immigration services irving tx showtimes

Djamila

06.01.2016 at 16:22:57

The Corporation Of The United States Of America Considering that the year them to 'run' you for warrants.

OlumdenQabaq1Opus

06.01.2016 at 10:50:15

118 just pointed out - it is far they have millions of details and.

PrIeStEsS

06.01.2016 at 13:35:55

More info on regardless of whether the US Embassy have exactly the exact same your notion.