ampm Scratch Power Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: ampm Scratch Power Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of BP West Coast Products LLC ("Sponsor") and its franchisees, Tesoro Corporation and its franchisees, First Star Communications, Ltd. ("First Star"), Mindshare Technologies, Inc., The Regan Group, RPA, Fandango Loyalty Solutions, and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Instant Win Game or receive a prize. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside the listed states and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: BP West Coast Products LLC, 4 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623.
Administrators: The Regan Group, 360 West 132nd Street, Los Angeles, California 90061 and First Star, 19 Blair Street, Te Aro, 6149, Wellington, New Zealand.
3. Timing: The Instant Win Game begins on August 7, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT") and ends on October 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PDT (the "Promotion Period"). First Star's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Instant Win Game.
A day shall be defined as beginning 12:00:01 a.m. PDT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT the same day.
A month shall be defined as beginning 12:00:01 a.m. PDT on the first day of the calendar month except the first month which shall begin on August 7, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. PDT, and end the last day of the calendar month at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT except the last month which will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT on October 1, 2018.
4. How to Play: There are 3 ways to play:
a) Using the App: During the Promotion Period, using your mobile device, visit the applicable store on your mobile device and search "Scratch Power ampm" to then download and install the application (the "App") that you'll need to play the Instant Win Game. The App only works on the Apple iOS platform.* Following acceptance of the terms and conditions of the App displayed on your mobile device, you will automatically advance to the Instant Win Game and receive three (3) virtual scratch cards (each, a "Scratch Card") for that day. On subsequent days, visit a participating ampm retail location and open the App on your mobile device to receive three (3) Scratch Cards for that day. Limit of three (3) Scratch Cards per day per person throughout the Promotion Period, regardless of number of participating ampm retail locations visited.
Follow the links and instructions on the App on your mobile device to virtually scratch each Scratch Card to reveal whether you are an instant winner of one of the prizes listed below. If you are a potential Instant Win Game prize winner, you will receive detailed prize claim and validation instructions through the App. Potential winners of Grand through Second Prizes must complete the registration fields shown on the prize claim screen and supply their full names, mobile numbers and full physical delivery addresses within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving the winning Scratch Card to claim their prizes. Please note: All Food & Drink Instant Win Game prizes expire within 48 hours of play. Scratchers expire after 20 days.
Entrants will be charged according to their carriers' messaging and data rates and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details.
All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. First Star is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
*iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and is used under license. Cisco, Apple Inc. are not affiliated with and do not sponsor or endorse this Promotion.
Monthly Random Drawing: Two (2) Potential Monthly Prize Winners (one per month, August – September (which ends 10/01/18) will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received for each month of the Promotion as defined above. Non-winning entries for any month will be carried forward to subsequent month’s drawing. The drawings will occur on or about the fifth (5th) day of the following Month by the Promotion Administrator. Winners will be notified by email, telephone, or overnight carrier within approximately two days of the drawing. Limit: One (1) entry per person, per month.
b) Mail-In Free Method: During the Promotion Period, to participate without using your smart phone or the App or visiting a participating ampm retail location, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "ampm Scratch Power Instant Win," PO Box 1006, 12700 Inglewood Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250 USA. BE SURE TO PUT THE DATE (WITHIN PROMOTION PERIOD) FOR WHICH YOU ARE PLAYING ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE. If you fail to include the date, Administrators will use the postmarked date on the outside of the envelope as the selected date for you. You will receive the equivalent of three (3) Scratch Cards for the applicable day. Administrators will simulate the Instant Win Game for you and if you are deemed a potential winner will mail you your prize or within 10 days (or will contact you for additional information if deemed a potential Grand or First Prize winner). Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by October 1, 2018 and received by October 15, 2018.
To participate in the Random draw hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "ampm Scratch Power Instant Win," PO Box 1006, 12700 Inglewood Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250 USA. BE SURE TO WRITE THE MONTH (WITHIN PROMOTION PERIOD) FOR WHICH YOU ARE PLAYING ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE. Entries for monthly participation must be received by the Administrator on the fifth day of the subsequent Month in which you are participating. Limit: One entry per envelope per person per Month during the promotion period as described above.
All requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Administrator. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Each entrant may receive three (3) Scratch Cards per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry or number of participating ampm retail locations visited. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same smart phone or email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Scratch Cards by using multiple/different email addresses, smart phones, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's plays and that entrant may be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the smart phone or email address used to participate will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" of a smart phone is the natural person in whose name the device has been issued and the services are billed. The "authorized account holder" of an email address is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATORS, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ADMINISTRATORS WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Determination and Verification of Potential Winners: First Star is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor are final.
One (1) out of every four (4) Scratch Cards will be a winning Scratch Card and will indicate the prize won from the list below. There will be 208,911 random, computer-generated wins, one for each prize listed below, generated during the Promotion Period. If you reveal a winning message on a Scratch Card, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete the required information within the specified time frame, or prize is not redeemed before it expires, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a Grand through Second Prize is un-awarded or unclaimed at the end of the Promotion Period, Administrators will conduct a random drawing from among the eligible entrants who entered via the free mail-in method and will notify the potential winner(s) of their prize(s). Unclaimed prizes valued at less than $25 will not be awarded. Grand Prize through Second Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Instant Win Game.
MONTHLY PRIZES: During each month of the Promotion Period, the following prizes will be available to be won: One (1) ARCO Pump Pass ARV: $300. One (1) Apple Gift Card ARV: $300. Limit one (1) Monthly prize per person, per household. Terms & Conditions apply.
4 GRAND PRIZES: A $300 ARCO Pump Pass. Terms and conditions apply. ARV: $300 each.
4 FIRST PRIZES: A $300 StubHub Gift Card. Terms and conditions apply. ARV: $300 each.
300 SECOND PRIZES: An ampm Flat Vibrant Cotton Tote. Terms and conditions apply.
100 THIRD PRIZES: A Pair of Monster Energy MMA Gloves, sponsored by Monster. Terms and conditions apply.
200 FOURTH PRIZES: UFC.tv PPV Code. Terms and conditions apply.
30,612 FIFTH PRIZES: An ampm 16oz Coffee redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.65 each.
18,519 SIXTH PRIZES: A 3-pack of ampm Cookies redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $0.99 each.
11,111 SEVENTH PRIZES: An ampm Jumbo Dog redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.59.
29,630 EIGHTH PRIZES: Deluge 1-Liter redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.29
26,087 NINTH PRIZES: An ampm Good Stuff Candy redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $0.89 each.
8,140 TENTH PRIZES: An ampm Cheeseburger redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.99 each.
2,000 ELEVENTH PRIZES: A Monster Energy 12oz, 15.5oz or 16oz redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $2.79
10,000 TWELVTH PRIZES: Simply Juice 11oz (all flavors) redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.99 each.
2,400 THIRTEENTH PRIZES: Kind Core Bars 1.4oz family redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $2.19 each.
8,065 FOURTEENTH PRIZES: Warheads Extreme Sour Candy 1oz redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $0.99 each.
21,739 AVAILABLE: A Good Stuff Candy with the purchase of a 22oz Fountain redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $0.89 each.
20,000 AVAILABLE: A Snapple 16oz with the purchase of a Snapple 16oz redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.59 each.
10,000 AVAILABLE: A Sour Punch Trays 4.5oz with the purchase of a Sour Punch Trays 4.5oz redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $1.99 each.
10,000 AVAILABLE: A Fiji 700ml with the purchase of a Fiji 700ml redeemable at participating ampm stores. ARV: $2.19 each.
Prize suppliers are not affiliated with and do not sponsor nor endorse this Instant Win Game.
Odds of winning a prize are 1 in 4 and the odds of winning a particular prize depend on the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays divided by the number of prizes available as well as when you play the Instant Win Game. No cash equivalent. For prizes 5 to 14, limit of four (4) redemptions per person per visit. Prizes 5 to 14 are not to be combined with any other offer. All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor and Administrators are not responsible for complaints or issues regarding codes (claims that code is invalid, insufficient, etc.) and winners should address any such issues with the issuer of the code by sending inquires to email@example.com.
8. Release: By entering, each entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, Employees of BP West Coast Products LLC ("Sponsor") and its franchisees, Tesoro Corporation and its franchisees, First Star Communications, Ltd. ("First Star"), Mindshare Technologies, Inc., RPA, The Regan Group, Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, Nestlé USA, Mondeléz International, Frito-Lay, Inc., Mars, Inc., Kellogg North America Company, Nabisco, Hostess Brands, LLC, American Licorice Company, Storck USA, L.P., Snak King, The Coca-Cola Company and its bottlers, The General Mills Company, The Hershey Company, Perfetti Van Melle USA, Inc. Fandango Loyalty Solutions, LLC, (collectively “Released Parties”), and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Instant Win Game or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winners consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, prize information, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Instant Win Game or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Instant Win Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Instant Win Game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Instant Win Game; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Instant Win Game or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Instant Win Game or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Instant Win Game, if it is possible. If the Instant Win Game, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes for the applicable prize level(s) by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims received.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
14. Winner List: For a list of Monthly or Grand prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received by May 5, 2018, to: ampm Scratch Power Instant-Win Game Winner's List, PO Box 1006, 12700 Inglewood Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250 USA.
Instant food and drink prizes:
Valid only at ampm locations. Not valid at ARCO stations without an ampm. Void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Void if transferred, purchased or sold. Not valid with any other offer or discount. Sales tax to be paid by customer. Redemption Value (where applicable) to be paid by customer.
UFC PPV Code Redemption:
TM, ®, & © UFC and OCTAGON DESIGN ARE OWNED AND/OR REGISTERED BY ZUFFA, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Monster Energy Company is not a sponsor of this promotion. The “MONSTER ENERGY” names, logos, and/or materials are used for purposes of promotion and/or prize descriptions only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply Monster Energy Company’s sponsorship of this promotion.
Code can be used one time for the following matches:
UFC 229 10/6 Las Vegas, NV
Limit of one FREE Deluge Product per scratch card. Deluge is a registered trademark of Deluge Water Inc.
Limit of one FREE Monster product per scratch card. Valid on 16oz. Monster is a registered trademark of Hansen Natural Company.
Limit of one FREE Simply Juice product per scratch card. Valid on 11.5oz. all flavors. Simply Juice is a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company.
Limit of one FREE Kind product per scratch card. Valid on Core Bars. Kind is a registered trademark of Kind Healthy Snacks.
Limit of one FREE Warheads product per scratch card. Valid on 1oz Candy. Warheads is a registered trademark of Warheads Sour Candy.
Limit of one FREE Snapple product per scratch card. Valid on 16oz. Snapple is a registered trademark of Keurig Dr Pepper.
Limit of one FREE Sour Punch Trays product per scratch card. Valid on 4.5oz Strawberry, apple, blue raz and rainbow. Sour Punch Trays is a registered trademark of Sour Punch.
Limit of one FREE Fiji product per scratch card. Valid on 700ml. Fiji is a registered trademark of The Wonderful Company.
Limit of one FREE UFC product per scratch card. Valid on pay-pey-view codes and MMA Gloves. UFC is a registered trademark of William Morris Endeavor.
Limit of one FREE StubHub product per scratch card. Valid on $25 Gift Card. StubHub is a registered trademark of eBay.
Information about us and our app
ampm respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. We provide this Privacy Statement to inform you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected on this mobile application ("App") and how that information is used.
Collection, Use & Retention of Personal Information
Personal data is information that can identify a specific individual such as name, physical and/or email address, account log in credentials, telephone number and geolocation information. If you choose to turn on your device's Bluetooth functionality when you use the App, we will use your device's Bluetooth data to determine your physical proximity to certain beacons in and around our locations. If during your use of this App you order products or services, enter a competition, enable location tracking, or submit other information, you are choosing to provide us with your personal information. You agree that it will be used to provide the information, products or services you request (including information on additional products and/or services which BP reasonably thinks may be of interest to you). For more information see the Direct Marketing section below. Personal information is held for the duration of your subscription in our programs or participation on the App plus six (6) years for the purposes of managing your account, using and sharing your information as provided in this Privacy Statement, and enforcing BP or another third party's rights, after which time it may be deleted or aggregated so that it no longer directly identifies you.
Keeping Personal Information Accurate
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. However, we can only make changes to your personal information if you notify us. It is your responsibility to let us know if there are inaccuracies or changes to your personal information. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any changes to, or inaccuracies in, your personal information providing us with sufficient information to enable us to identify you, so that any changes can be made.
The accuracy of the geolocation information we collect may depend on several factors including environmental surroundings, obstructions, orientation between your device and the geolocation beacon, the accuracy of your device, and the software versions being used.
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information.
Disclosures and Transfers of Personal Information
In order to provide our products and services we may need to share your personal information with other companies within the BP Group, and/or third party service providers that process data or conduct analytics to provide you with better targeted messaging, products or services on our behalf. Additionally, we may share your personal information with our jobbers and strategic business partners who may use the information to contact you regarding information, products, or services that may be of interest to you. If you submit personal information to BP, you agree to such disclosure.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on BP. In the event that BP is subject to a takeover, divestment or acquisition we may disclose your personal information to the new owner of the business.
You agree that BP may send you marketing communications in line with your previously expressed marketing preferences. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, please contact us at email@example.com to modify your preferences, or follow the opt-out instructions contained in the marketing communication.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Traffic Information and Cookies
Servers located within BP and hosted by third party service providers automatically log data about your use of this App based on your IP address, network connection, or geolocation information. BP uses this information to see where the App is being used in the world to ensure seamless coverage.
To delete or stop cookies being placed on your device refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases, blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of some apps or prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options. Cookies can be "session cookies" (which are deleted when you close your browser) and/or "persistent cookies" (which remain on your computer for a longer period of time).
Questions About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions relating to this privacy statement or the personal information we hold about you please email us at‚ or by post at the following address: BPWCP, 4 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623. email@example.com, or by post at the following address: BPWCP, 4 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623.
BP does not knowingly collect information from, nor is this App directed to, children.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We review this privacy statement regularly and may modify it from time to time. We will place any updates on this App. By continuing to use this App after such changes have been made, you acknowledge and agree you have read, understood and accept the changes. This privacy statement was last updated on April 3, 2018.
Our App may contain links to other apps or websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this privacy statement. If you access other apps or websites using the links provided, the operators of those apps or websites may collect information from or about you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy statement, which may differ from ours. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other apps or websites you visit.
About Us and this App
This App is governed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, USA. The state and federal courts of Orange County, California shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of this App. You hereby consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts and waive any objections thereto; provided, however, the foregoing shall not prevent ampm or BP from seeking temporary or permanent injunctive or other equitable relief against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The ampm App is owned by BP West Coast Products LLC ("BPWCP"), 4 Centerpointe Drive, La Palma, CA 90623.