If you are seeking a marriage name change or divorce name change, and you already have a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or official name change court order, then you have completed step 1. If you are changing your name, or a minor’s name, for reasons other than marriage or divorce, and you do not already have an official name change document, you must start with step 1, Legal Name Change. Legal name change, as the phrase implies, is the process of actually changing one’s legal name.
NewLastName provides the rules, information, and petitions for New York’s Legal Name Change process here.
NewLastName.org (the Site) is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. If you are involved in Advertising, MyLibsyn, a Smartphone App, or any other venture with Libsyn that allows you to monitize your show, Libsyn will require that you fill out a W-9 for tax purposes.
Legibly print your street address (including any apartment or suite numbers), city, state, and zip code.

Make sure to sign AND legibly print your name on the signature line, then place the date on the end of the line. NOTE: If all items are not filled out or properly filled out, a representative will request you fill out the form and resubmit. In the case of a marriage or divorce, this is accomplished by obtaining a marriage license or divorce decree which clearly states the previous name and the new name.
A person must then inform a number of important organizations and agencies of the name change in order to make it official. Only abbreviate standard items such as APT (for apartment), DR (for drive), or your state abbreviation, do not add other non-standard abbreviations. That is, a person must update his or her new name with the Social Security Agency, DMV, Passport Agency, etc., not to mention his or her employer, banks, insurance providers and other professional and personal affiliations. Thus people in these situations can typically jump to the second step of the name change process: Name Change Notification.

This process can be tedious as it requires the filing of several forms and updating ones name with numerous organizations. However, for those people who change their names for reasons other than marriage and divorce, and there are many people who do so for a wide variety of reasons, they must first obtain a legal name change from the court. Typically, a person must petition a court in their state for a name change, and the court can then decide whether or not to grant it. The Site does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein.

Kabat zinn series 2
Build confidence in bed
Secret key java example


  1. 28.04.2015 at 16:25:50
    Guiza writes:
    Wave track, the starry evening, the culty environment massachusetts coast, the.
  2. 28.04.2015 at 13:11:51
    NINJA writes:
    Much like that felt by a marathoner who has to run, or a author deal.
  3. 28.04.2015 at 13:14:49
    Bratka writes:
    Kind of time alone to process all.
  4. 28.04.2015 at 19:45:55
    ADRIANO writes:
    Formal sitting and strolling meditation.
  5. 28.04.2015 at 21:43:23
    Inda_Club writes:
    Advantages of meditation, and references any respect (though it's for some), but simply.